Desktop Gold Password Reset & Recovery -Help Guide
Forget your desktop gold password? want to reset Desktop Gold Password?
We know how much worse it can turn especially if you have changed your contact number and left with no resort to recover your password.
Fortunately, you can still retrieve your desktop gold password by simply applying some solutions.
So without getting more stress, let’s have a quick gander of highlights of this guide. This write-up will explain –
- How to reset desktop gold mail account password?
- Steps recover forgotten desktop gold password
- How can I change my desktop gold password?
- Troubleshot tips to fix desktop gold password reset not working issue
- Steps to fix- why desktop gold gets you to log in automatically, even if you haven’t asked for ‘password to be remembered’ featured.
In addition to this, we will unpack detailed step by step solutions covering almost every password related aspects you may face while using your desktop gold mail service.
How can I change/Reset desktop gold password?
Changing your password on a specific interval is a good practice to prevent security threats and to keep your account secure.
Also, doing this is highly recommended, if you have set the same password for more than one account or if you have shared your password with someone.
So, here are the steps to change/Reset Desktop gold password:
- To start with, simply open your computer browser and go to desktop gold mail sign-in page.
- Provide your username and password associated with your desktop gold mail account.Note: While punching your username and password, make sure your ‘Caps-lock’ and ‘Num-locks keys are disabled. As they may change the value of what you’re actually typing. Same way, Disable your spell check feature to avoid further login errors.
- After successful login, search and navigate the Account security page. (Complete the image challenge, if prompted to proceed)
- On this page, choose ‘Change password’.
- You will be required to insert your old password again to reset a new password.
- Next, ‘Enter a new password’. For security concerns, choose a lengthy password containing at least 8 characters including a special character or caps letter.
- Now, finally hit the Continue tab to save and confirm the new password.
In case, you find your desktop gold password still not changed, or desktop gold refuses to change old password, Wait and try again after some time.
Likewise, if you’ve forgotten your password, You should follow the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
How can I recover desktop gold password?
Things become a bit difficult when you forget your password. But don’t worry! More than 79% of readers successfully resolved and recovered their passwords without trying hand into technical stuff.
Majorly there are 3 ways to recover the lost desktop gold password:
- Using contact number (associated with your desktop gold account)
- Through recovery emails address( If you have provided during account setup)
- Using security questions
Learn how to Recover forgotten password using Mobile Number
- Launch your computer browser preferably the one with the latest version and go to desktop gold mail sign-in page.
- On the sign-in page, insert the username and choose the ‘Forget my password’ tab.
- You will be asked to choose one of the options from the password recovery option list. Choose ‘Phone number’.
- On the next appeared screen, insert the phone number you have provided during profile creation.
- Here you can choose either, ‘Yes, text me a verification code’ or ‘call me with a verification code’ option.
- After successful verifying, you will be able to reset your desktop gold account password.
Moreover, if you have changed or lost your mobile number linked with your account, you can still proceed to get your password using the below method.
Also, if you’re unable to reply an email after successful password recovery, read can’t send or receive emails in Desktop Gold.
Get your desktop gold password via recovery email address
You must have provided a recovery email address during the initial desktop gold account setup. Yes! This will help you now!
- Follow the same sequence of instructions from 1-3 as stated above and this time choose ‘email a reset link to my recovery email address’ from the verification options list.
Note: Be sure the recovery email you have provided must be active and working.
- Click on Next.
- Sign in to your recovery mail, and check your inbox for a new password recovery message. Open the message and click on the reset link.
- By clicking to the provided link, you will be redirected to desktop gold page, the reset your new password.
If this method won’t work, or the recovery email address does not exist anymore, you can try the next solutions.
Also, learn how to export emails in desktop gold!
Recover desktop gold password through security questions
Another way to get your desktop gold mail account back is by answering the security questions.
- Open Chrome browser. (You can use any such as safari, edge or firebox)
- Navigate to desktop gold sign-in page. Provide the username for which you want to recover the password.
- Click on ‘Forget my password’ option,
- Choose the ‘Answer security question’.
- Provide the correct profile information to verify your account ownership.
As already stated somewhere in this guide, more than 79% of people easily recover their password by simply applying the said solutions.
In case, you are one of those left people who are still struggling with the same issue. Or if you haven’t provided any of the said additional information (contact no, recovery email etc) while setting up your account. Don’t panic!
You can still recover your password!
Try more advanced solutions to recover password
Use Key logger to recover your forgotten desktop gold password
Yes! You read it absolutely the same! If you own a key logger program in the computer half of your problem is already solved!
All you need to do is
- Open the keylogger program in your system.
- Next, you need to search and locate the desktop gold password in keyboard stroke file.
In case you don’t own a keylogger program on your computer, you can try the next solution.
Use credit card details to find lost desktop gold password
To recover your desktop gold password using credit card details, follow these steps:
- Go to desktop gold login helper
- Provider your username and click on the forgot password option.
- Next, scroll down to Billing details option from the given verification methods.
- Provide the credit card details to authenticate your account.
Once your recovered your desktop gold password, you can start enjoying your mail services again. In an event you find that your password is not working, you can see our next section.
Steps to fix password not working issue
Sometimes you may get stuck in a situation where desktop gold won’t allow you to get into your account. Even though you’re hitting the correct password.
Including server down or computer hardware issues, there can be many reasons associated with desktop gold password is not working issue. For instance, if your browser is working slow it won’t allow your to get into your account.
If your browser is freezing constantly, learn how to fix browser is crashing issue in desktop gold.
To fix this, here are some of the general solutions you can try:
- The first step to diagnose the issue starts with checking your browser. clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and try again to log in.
- In case the problem persists, update your browser. Sometimes when you keep using the same browser to access your emails every time the browser automatically picks the previously stored password for your account. Thus, to fix this issue, upgrade your browser to the latest version available.
- In case your browser is crashing or turn blank/black when you hit the sign-in button. Check your internet and connectivity. Be sure you have an active and stable internet connection for a successful login.
- Try another browser.
Another most common issue users often complain is that- desktop gold login page automatically takes into mail account each time they try to log in without having to ask for username and password.
No doubt! It is a major security issue. To fix this,
- Un-check the box, ‘stay sign in on your login window’.
- In addition to this, never allow your browser to save your password.