How To Export emails and other data from Desktop Gold
It is not rare when you need to transfer your existing desktop gold data to a new desktop gold software/account. Having a secure backup of your personal account data is essential, as you never know when & how things can go wrong!
This guide tells you how to transfer data from:
- Desktop gold to another computer
- Previous desktop gold software version to New desktop gold.
- Steps to manually backup desktop gold personal data
Important: The personal data includes your Mail, contacts, bookmarks, saved passwords, Favorites, usernames, Address Book, and tools settings.
So let’s start!
Before going into solutions, if you’re still using the older desktop gold software:
How can I export my emails and personal data to another computer? Get your answer…
One of the core benefits you will get with Desktop Gold software that it allows you to save your essentials data including emails, bookmarks, etc. so that you can easily transfer and use it on another computer whenever needed.
To export data from your desktop gold, you just need to follow the below steps:
- To start with, launch your desktop gold program and sign in using the authenticate username and password associated with your account. While punching your password DO NOT forget to use the shift button to enter capital letters. Otherwise, it will prompt an error.
- Once you successfully get into your account, navigate to the Settings icon.
- Under the setting menu, search and locate the General settings>>>now, click on the My Data option.
- Next, you will see the Export tab, simply click on it
- You will be prompted to select the file location to save. Choose your preferred file location.Note: If you did not specify a file location. By default, the file will be saved in My Documents folder labeled as ‘Desktop Backup’.
- At last, hit the save button.
- To add more security, you will be asked to set a password to your export file to prevent it from any unauthorized access. If you choose to set a password, you will be required to provide it while importing the file to another computer.
Important: Do not close your computer window or export progress window to avoid any interruption.
- Once the exporting process completed, store your export file to any secondary storage device such a removable USB flash drive.
While performing the above-said steps, if you find that your desktop gold icon stops responding or your desktop gold icon suddenly disappeared! You may visit the troubleshooting page to learn how to fix them.
After exporting the file, now you can import this file to any computer. For this,
- Launch your other computer into which you need to export your data.
- Sign in to your Desktop Gold account>>>>go to ‘Settings’ icon>>>>now choose ‘General settings’>>>>and finally select ‘My Data’ tab.
- Under this menu, click on the ‘Import’ icon.
- You will be prompted to select the file you want to import>>>>choose the USB flash drive>>>>and then select the file you recently exported. Remember you need to insert the same password at this stage which you have created during import.
- Finally, wait until the import completes.
Note: Follow the same sequence of steps if you want to transfer data from old AOL software to desktop gold.
How to Backup Data from Previous desktop gold software version
For better user experience, desktop gold keeps updating itself from time to time. If you’ve recently installed the latest desktop gold version and want to export the data from your earlier installed program, here is what you need to do:
- Login to your desktop gold software. In case the desktop gold login is not working, try again.
- Next, search through the menu bar until you locate the ‘File’ option.
- On to this option, pick ‘Import Wizard’
- Now hit the Ok tab to begin the export process.
- Allow the confirmation message by simply clicking Ok.
- You will be prompted with the process window to see when will the process gets completed.
The above said all methods are applicable if you want to create a backup file for each and every data of your desktop gold account. In a scenario, you only want to access your email contacts, you should try the below steps :
Steps to download contacts for desktop gold mail
- Sign In to your desktop gold mail account by inserting the correct username and password. Do not forget that your password is case-sensitive.
- Once the inbox window appears>>>>>>go to ‘contacts’ option form the left side menu.
- Now choose ‘tools’ from the top menu bar>>>>>>and pick ‘export’ or ‘import’.
- Choose the type of file from the given menu – CSV, TXT, LDF.
- Next, you will get a pop-up window >>>click on the ‘browse for file’ option
- Finally. Select the file location you want to save your file.
Manually Transfer desktop gold personal data Using PFC file
Importing data in newer desktop gold software has become so easy now! The new upgraded desktop gold comes with its own built-in filing system that allows you to store data directly into computer hard-disk.
In order to backup data from PFC file, use the following set of instructions:
- Start with logging into your desktop gold account using a valid username and password.
- Next, locate the Settings icon>>>>General settings>>>>My Data tab.
- On the next window, you will find the PFC Import tab, click on it
- At last, you need to choose your file.
You may get the code 104 error while trying to access your export file. To fix this, read the desktop gold code error 104-help guide.
Can’t export/Import emails and personal data from desktop gold? Fix the issue
Getting troubled with desktop gold export/import? Learn how to fix it:
Fully Restart your desktop gold software and try again
Rebooting your desktop gold is recommended if you find it unable to perform any desktop gold command. Simply close your program window and wait at least for 5 to 10 minutes before re-launching.
Doing this will resolve your issue. It this won’t work, you need to check your network connection.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
If the export file you’ve downloaded is corrupted or won’t open when you try to use it- it could be a symptom of a bad network connection.
The file will not be export/import if the internet speed is slower than expected. To fix this issue,
- Restart your router and try again
- If the error persists, check your network name, Make sure you have chosen the correct network.
- For internet quality, use Ethernet cable for stable & secure connection.
Additional, check your computer for infected files. If everything appears fine and you still can’t transfer your data- this might be the main culprit.Apart from this, the problems can also be associated with the desktop gold server! Maybe the server is down and creating an issue in the export data process. Here you should wait for a while and try again.
Moreover, if you’re unable to send an email to any particular mail address, read: can’t send or receive emails in desktop gold mail.