Can’t edit contact in Desktop Gold Mail – Help Guide
Troubling with the error message “A server error occurred while saving your contact. Please try again later” each time you try to edit a contact in your desktop gold mail.
It can be a browser-specific error!
So without wasting any more time, let’s start fixing the error- desktop gold mail can’t edit contacts.
Common solutions to fix desktop gold mail can’t edit contacts issue
Before doing anything download latest version of Desktop Gold for error free experience. If you still get the same issue, start troubleshooting with following methods
- First and foremost, check your computer for any infected files. Malicious files can force your desktop gold mail features to become unresponsive or behave unusually.
- Try after some time. It is possible that the desktop gold mail might be facing any technical issue or under going through a maintenance process. For this, you can visit the official site to check server alerts.
- Next, make sure your home network is secured and speedy. If the network speed is inadequate, desktop gold mail will not be able to communicate with the server to accomplish any user request.
After performing these instructions, if you still fail to edit contacts in desktop gold mail, there might be some serious issues that require expert solutions.
Try these comprehensive solutions:
Solutions 1: check for the special characters -, & in emails contact
Be sure you’re not adding any special characters in the contact address you are trying to edit. As per the desktop gold mail guidelines, special characters such as -(dash), & and the apostrophe (‘) symbols are prohibited to use.
You need to replace them with
- Use ‘and’ instead of typing ‘&’
- Use space instead of inserting an apostrophe (‘)
- Same way, do not use the dash(-) in any of the contact information field.
Thus, verify that your contact does not contain any of the said characters. After ensuring this, follow the steps to edit your desktop gold mail contact list:
- Log in to your desktop gold Mail inbox>>>>>>>>>>>from the left panel, locate the Contact option.
- Now, you need to choose the contact you wish to update.
- Click on the edit tab>>>>>and provide the necessary details>>>>>>>>finally click on the Save button.
In an event, if you’re still unable to add more contact to your contacts list, you might have exceeded the maximum allowed limit to add contacts! Yes! Desktop gold mail feature allows user to add up to 5000 contacts per account.
If you’ve already completed the limit – you will no longer be able to add more contact to your list.
Solutions 2: Clear your browser Footprints, history, cache, and cookies
Note: After removing the browser history, you will be required to sign in again to some of the sites, as the settings will get deleted after clearing the browser history. Also, you may face that some of the sites will act slow.
The below steps are applicable for the Chrome browser.
- To clear browser cache, Go to your computer taskbar and open Chrome.
- On this window, click on the three-dot at top-right
- Under this pulled down menu, choose ‘More tools’>>>>>> Clear browsing data.
- A window will pop-up, select the time range. You can select any option from the list. In case you want to delete all history pick ‘all-time’ option.
- Now, allow the checkbox next to “browsing history”, “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- Finally, click on the ‘clear data’ button.
Note that the instructions may vary slightly depending upon the browser version.
After performing this, sign in back to the desktop gold mail account to see if it allows you to update your contact list.
In case, you’re still having the same issue, try our next solutions.
Solutions 3: Check for browser Update
Usually, the browser gets updated each time you close or open it. You can also update your browser manually.
Steps to update the Chrome browser
- Start your Chrome and click on the ‘More’ usually denoted as a three-dots.
- Click Update Google Chrome. In case, you’re unable to find this option, you’re using the latest version.
- Now simply, click on the Relaunch button.
If you wish to check your current browser version, follow the sequence–Open your chrome>>>>choose ‘Help’>>>>>>Under this, select ‘About Google Chrome’.
If you are still getting the issue, as a last resort you can try another browser (such as safari, firebox, edge, etc) to see if you can save contacts on desktop gold mail.
Solutions 4: Check your network
If the network speed is unstable, your desktop gold mail will not act properly. So this can be a major reason why you are unable to edit the contact list in your mail.
In order to diagnose your network related issue, see the steps below
- Open your control -panel window and choose ‘Network and Internet’>>>>>’Troubleshoot problems’>>>>>Finally choose ‘Internet connection from the list.
- Once the scanning process is done, follow the instructions to get fix the issue.
For other Solution visit our troubleshooting Page